Saturday, May 2, 2009

One Month!


Can you believe it, NaNoWriMo is almost upon us! And in honour of that, I thought that I would post my Magna Cartas from last year, so we can all reflect on whether I stuck to my principles. I vote that I did not.

Things I Love in a Novel
·Requited love
·Humour
·Characters that aren’t beautiful, yet above average
·Jocks
·Beautiful tragedies
·Self-improvement
·Coming of age


Things I Hate in a Novel
·Characters that are overly beautiful and everybody falls in love with them
·Characters making stupid decisions
·Getting caught
·Damsels in distress constantly getting saved
·Girls that are overly bitchy for no reason
·Doing poorly in school, giving up
·Breaking up for no reason

Oh, and in response to those that have asked me to stop posting photos of hot soccer players, I say, "NEVER!" It has always been my opinion that a picture is better than no picture, and a picture of a hot soccer player is better than anything in the world. And in response to those that say that my blog is not actually a NaNoWriMo blog, but a blog that isn't so cleverly disguised as a blog about soccer player's erections, I say, "so?"

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this post, Katelyn. NandoWriMo is so soon... I can taste it. Insert Fernando semen joke here.
    P.S. There was a program on Animal Planet about "semen whales." Pogue recorded it for your enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete