Monday, June 1, 2009

3,677 Words and Counting


I am a maniac. Writing like I've never written before.

I am establishing how happy Olga and Fernando are, so they can promptly be destroyed by the weight of their relationship. It's going swimmingly.

Fernando surprised Olga at the airport with tickets to see Liverpool vs. Fulham at Anfield, where he proposed (for the second time). Read on:

"My laughter was interrupted by a loud announcement throughout the stadium, which drew our attention to the giant screen that hung above the crowd.
“Someone here today has a very special question to ask…” I could barely hear over the din of the crowd. I looked up at the board, and it read: “Olga, will you marry me?”
The first thought I had was, “Wow, this Olga girl is lucky, that’s so romantic!” That thought disappeared when my face was suddenly splashed on the screen. I could see Fernando kneeling beside me. It hit me: I’m Olga. You would think that this would have occurred to me earlier, as I have over twenty-one years of experience being Olga, but the situation was just too surreal. The girl that I saw up on that screen looked completely shocked, but somehow I felt disconnected from her.
I turned to him and I saw him staring at me, waiting. He might have even been laughing, but my recollection of these events is shaky at best. Everything around me seemed to stop. It was me and Fernando, alone in the stands, like I had dreamt about so many times before. But this wasn’t a dream; it was incredibly real.
“Yes!” I cried as he stood up, put a ring on my finger, then pulled me into a classic movie-type kiss. I vaguely remember hearing a chorus of “ooh!” but it also could have been “boo!” Everyone applauded, including the players that were emerging from the tunnel to start the second half. The Fernando lover that seemed to know every detail of his life came over to congratulate us. It was amazing."


I hope it's not too terrible. Oh, and I put this picture up not only because it's adorable, but it's also hilarious.

I also introduced some future team members of Fernando's: Hank Lampard, Timitar Berbatov the widows-peaked Bulgarian, and Robin van Egeraat, the Dutchman. Three guesses as to who I'm basing these characters on.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Katie, intense. I can't wait to hear more about what is happening with Olgando. Really looking forward to the first joint writing session! I also want to more about the Fernando lover who seemed to know everything about him... did he/she create a YouTube video, per chance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it just me, or does the guy on the left look a little bit like a built Gino Malkin?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Fernando lover isn't the YouTube video creator (they will come in later). It was some guy that recognized Fernando at the game. This is weird, since Fernando dressed once, didn't play, and is on the reserve team. Apparently this guy goes to Liverpool reserve games and youth games because he's actually interested. Weird.

    He does look a little like him Sam, you're right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so amazing. So much has happened already in your book! I can't wait for their relationship to be crushed under the weight of WAGs world, so you can build it back up again.

    ReplyDelete