Saturday, June 27, 2009

Second Novel Under My (White) Belt!

Someone's hand is a little too close for my liking...

Like two scoops of butter pecan ice cream. Someone get me a bowl and a spoon immediately!

The excitement of completing my sophomore effort has mostly worn off, but I thought that I would take the time to share a few thoughts with you all about how amazing this year's NaNoWriMo has been.

I first want to thank everyone for their support, compliments, suggestions, encouragement, and balls-to-the-wall awesomeness. Seriously, couldn't have done it without all of you. I know that I complained a lot during this campaign, but you guys really woke me up when I was sleeping. Thank you so much!

This year was so different from last year. My book depressed me, which didn't really happen last year. But I also think that I was a much better writer. I'm not sure whether you will enjoy this book more than last year's. Time will tell, after all of the editing I need to do before I let you guys read it.

The drinks were also amazing. From the Wild Emilio in Toronto to the Flirty Emilio in Waterloo, and celebrating the end with a Sex With Emilio on the Beach in Barrie, they provided endless amusement.

It is with a heavy heart that I wave goodbye to this year's NaNoWriMo. It was awesome. It was terrible. It was difficult. It was uproariously funny. I loved many minutes of it, and hated many others. All in all, it was a great experience.

I hope that you all enjoy my book!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Katie! Can't wait to read the book and find out what happened.

    Not sure what "balls to the wall" means, I'll just write it off as either a current pop culture reference or something from soccer (neither of which I know anything about).

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Jackie, Balls to the Wall is exactly what it sounds like. And if there is a better descriptor for NaNoWriMo '09, I have yet to hear it. Katie, I think you predicted the future when you started your blog. It was a month of tears, jeers, and more than a few beers. Now, on to the champagne!

    ReplyDelete