
Since I finished yesterday with an impressive word count of 14,472 (I wrote a lot at the airport, since Dad's flight was delayed I had an extra hour and a half of waiting). I decided to take today off so I could get my creative juices flowing. And honestly, I'm spent after writing the Gordon the Vampyre/Sons of Ipswich scene. I don't think I have ever been more entertained by myself, ever.
Tonight Sam, Scott and I are going to Scott's cottage for some footvolley, tears/jeers/more than a few beers, and of course, writing.
I will leave you with a cute picture of Nano Nando. Good luck with the writing everyone!

I took a day off yesterday, too - after work I had to go to the opening event of this conference, and only got back home at about 11p. I am taking the mornings off of the conference to write. And my goal is to have at least 14,000 words (preferably 15,000) by the end of the weekend. It's hard going! But I hope that having such a crazy goal will help me relax a bit more and have some fun. I'm struggling to keep up the momentum. Not because I don't know what's happening next, because I have fairly good ideas about that. The problem is that I am becoming bored by my own prose. So, I'm experimenting with different writing styles, and POV. I might try to be more cinematic today, where I describe the action more than I describe characters' thoughts.
ReplyDeleteFernando is a really, really cute kid. Awwwwww, toot!
ReplyDeleteToot, mon!
ReplyDeleteTootie
ReplyDelete